Saturday, July 19, 2008

The ManicForMosaics Craft Room - The Place Where it All Happens!

There have been several people who have asked me how I organize my mosaic tiles & stuff. I'm a very organized person by nature, some people may say obsessively & compulsively organized, but the truth is that I LOVE to organize! If I thought I could make a career out of organizing other people's things, I would do it in a heartbeat! I get excited when I watch home organization shows on HGTV. When I pass by the Rubbermaid section at the store I start to salivate. I buy baskets to organize stuff I don't even have yet because I know someday I WILL have something to put in those baskets!!

So I thought I'd give a little tour of my craft room. I hope those of you who are organizers (like me) will find some inspirational ideas that you can use in your own organization. I hope those of you who aspire to be organized won't HATE me too much!

Here is the door to my craft room. I bought this sign years ago on Ebay.


CLICK PICTURE TO ENLARGE



This is the view when you walk in the door. On the left is a bed. This was SUPPOSED to be a Guest Room before mosaics took over my life!


CLICK PICTURE TO ENLARGE



Here is the shelf where I store the tiles that I use. The tiles that I have for sale are in the garage on another shelf. All these tiles are in parts drawers so I can see them all when the mood to mosaic strikes! Plates waiting to be cut are stored underneath.


CLICK PICTURE TO ENLARGE



Another view of the tile shelf.......(with all the other stuff I had on the shelves put back!)


CLICK PICTURE TO ENLARGE



The parts drawers containing my tiles.


CLICK PICTURE TO ENLARGE



More tiles in parts drawers........


CLICK PICTURE TO ENLARGE



A close up view of the parts drawers. I used double sided tape to stick one tile on the front of each drawer so I can easily see what's inside!


CLICK PICTURE TO ENLARGE



The corner to the right of the mosaic tile shelf. See my button collection?


CLICK PICTURE TO ENLARGE



Here is my craft table. This is where I cut plates as well as glue tiles onto smaller mosaic projects.


CLICK PICTURE TO ENLARGE



More plates to cut. I use this old quilt rack to hold the tissue paper that I use to wrap my mosaic projects for shipping.


CLICK PICTURE TO ENLARGE



Mosaic projects in various stages of completion.


CLICK PICTURE TO ENLARGE



The very first thing I mosaicked. This is what started it all! I used hydrangea tiles in various shades of purple to mosaic the recessed area under the mirror & towel bar of this antique washstand.


CLICK PICTURE TO ENLARGE



A closer look..........


CLICK PICTURE TO ENLARGE



The closet where I store smaller things I want to mosaic in the future.


CLICK PICTURE TO ENLARGE



Another view of the project closet..........


CLICK PICTURE TO ENLARGE



I LOVE spending time in my craft room & working on my mosaic projects. It's a sunny room which is perfect for doing crafts. I have scented candles placed throughout the room to make it a peaceful & creative place to be. I hope you've enjoyed taking a peek!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Nancy! I LOVE your craft room!!! I could play in there for hours! No wonder your work is so beautiful! You have such an inspiring place to do it! I love the sign too!

I LOVE Somewhere In Time too!!! My mom introduced me to that movie when I was like 9 and I have adored it since :)

Hugs,
Amy

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Nancy, I love your blog and I adore your very organized craft room. It is amazing and your art work is stunning. SO glad you shared your creative space.
I really enjoyed my visit! See you again soon
hugs, Celestina,
la rea rose

Kim's Treasures said...

Nancy~You really are organized! Love your craft room!
Have a great weekend!
Kim

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

You are so organized. It looks great! Your mosaics are so pretty. Love your work. I'm going to grout my birdbath this week, so might need some advice!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Holy moly! I wish I had A craft/art room! :) You must have a lot of fun in there.

Unknown said...

Dear Nancy,

What an amazing craft room! You are so organized and it looks beautiful. Love it! Your mosaic work is incredible. I love it Nancy I really do. I just finished organizing my room too! lol I need to take some pics to share. Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. I hope you don't mind that I will be adding you as a link of favorite blogs in my newsletter which is going out tomorrow night.
Have a great week ! ;-)
xoxo
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

Wow, If i had a craft room like yours I would never want to leave and do anything else.
It`s so gorgeous and so very organized also!
Kisses Kisses
Debbie
All the way from England.

Rue said...

Hi Nancy :)

Thank you so much for the sweet comment!

I would LOVE to have a craft room someday, but it'll have to wait until one of the kids move out ;)

You are incredibly organized and it looks great!

rue

Cathy said...

Nancy,

What a stunning craft room. So neat and clean. Love your blog too!

xo Cathy

My Pink Boutique said...

Nancy, you have a great mosaic room! I love how you've organized everything. This room is an inspiration to us all.

Hugs, :)
Kimberly

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Loved the tour!

oxox
Jennifer

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Nancy,
Thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit....it is always great meeting a fellow mosaic artist. I enjoyed getting some peaks at your craft room.
Penny

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

Hi, Nancy its me again...
I just finish reading the about you page, and I`m going now to have a look at your website...
Specially where you so generously teach us how to do mosaics artwork...
I have tried in the past, but somehow I don`t thing it looked very good.
that`s all for now.
Have a fun filled weekend!
Kisses Kisses Debbie
xxx

Deb said...

Hi Nancy,

Now that is what I call an organized craft room.....way to go! Thanks for dropping by my blog and posting. :)

Pink hugs,
Debbie

cconz said...

Talk about organized. I can only dream of alittle neatness. You must have a jethro around to put shelving up etc.... i can't get mine to put any thing up. great room!!!!

Smashgirl said...

You are the queen of organization! I really like the way you store your tiles in the small drawers. Thanks for the in depth tour of your studio!

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Nancy, thank you so much for your sweet message on my blog and for visiting me! I love how organized all your mosaic tiles are! You are a inspiration!
Love ,Ann

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Ok I am sick now......
I wish my craft studio looked half as good as yours!
You can come over anytime and organize mine!
Bring a bull dozer! :-)

Thanks for sharing Nan!
Hugz, Dolly